ORIGIN GREEN CERTIFIED
At Rebel City Distillery we pride ourselves in being part of a greener, brighter future in distilling business. We set the standards for distilleries operating all over Ireland to reduce waste, minimise carbon footprint and overall reduction of environmental impact. We have been Origin Green certified as of March 2023.
Our boutique distillery is located right in the heart of Cork Docklands and nested in former Ford factory building which is an industrial landmark of Cork city . We have taken efforts to preserve the rich industrial heritage of the building , original features of the building were restored to its full glory .
OUR COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY
1) We use distillation method which are less on energy consumption and thereby reducing emissions and carbon footprint .
2) We recycle all the paper , plastic and glass at our distillery
3) We source all our packaging for the distillery from recycled waste as much as possible
4) All ingredients used in distillation are sustainably produced and certified
5) Post distillation spent botanical waste are converted to Compost , We collaborate with our neighbours CUSP [ Cork Urban Soil Project ] for this .
6) We believe that giving back to community is important and we work with charity organizations in the city for raising funds for causes we care about .
We are delighted to be working with Bord Bia as a proud member of Ireland’s Origin Green Sustainability Programme. Our commitment towards sustainability to produce remarkable, premium Irish spirits, will be the core of our business and understanding who we are and what we stand for.